Saturday, June 19, 2010

I don't have a job

But I do have a job . . . to get a job. I wanted to wake up at 7am, but awoke at 10am. Still working at getting my sleep schedule to where I can wake up at 7am or earlier and get my day started as the birds are chirping.

Today I searched and filled in many forms to now have my resume/work history/skills on two more web sites. I did apply for three jobs, I think. Too many web pages open late this morning to remember.

Since my interview (I mean interrogation) yesterday. . . I am wondering what employers are really looking for. Are they interested in personality, skills, experience, ethics, appearance, a vibe, speed, efficiency or quality? Or all of those? And if so, what exactly are they searching for within those categories? Certainly it depends on the company, the people working there, as to what kind of person they need to fill their open spots. Since the specific questioning I underwent Friday, it's only natural for me to look again at my personality and what it means in the work place.

My personality is such that I am often searching for the reason, the meaning behind what people say and do. When I know why, it motivates me to do a better job because I can focus on a cause/effect rather than an action. Do you think most employers would rather not have to explain those things? Or do they find talking about their true goals an enjoyable experience?

How many times do I have to retell who I am, what I stand for? As many times as it takes, I guess. I care about the work I do. I can't do any less than my best under the circumstances. Even if I find out that less than my best is all that's required, I will not put in lower efforts. What I do means too much to me because it is a part of me. It saddened me that one day I was appreciated when I did, what is in my opinion, awful work; because I was out of energy and was made to keep working when there was nothing left in me. AND when I make a mistake, I own up to it, no question. It pains me when I am accused of something that was not mine to be accused of.

Maybe a company will find me and understand me for who I really am and it's exactly what they were looking for. I can only dream.

No comments: